Join the team that’s bringing IMMUNO-INGENUITY to life
Let’s reshape the future of treating and preventing cancer & infectious disease.
Today, Inovio is poised to be the leader in the research and development of new and exciting therapies in oncology and infectious diseases. We aspire to develop and deliver breakthrough treatment modalities in disease states where effective cures have remained elusive. That’s because immuno-ingenuity is part of our DNA, and a dynamic entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of who we are.
The technology is here, and our team is growing. Now is the time for revolutionizing the world of immunotherapies. Now is the time to join the Inovio team—where passionate people are making a difference with immuno-ingenuity and more.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is currently welcoming qualified applications for the following career opportunities:
Vivarium Technician II
Research and Development
San Diego, CA
Inovio is a late-stage biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development, and commercialization of DNA immunotherapies that transform the treatment of cancer and infectious diseases. Inovio is taking immunotherapy to the next level in the fight against cancer and infectious diseases. Inovio has reported generating T cells in vivo in high quantity that are fully functional and whose killing capacity correlates with relevant clinical outcomes with a favorable safety profile. With an expanding portfolio of immune therapies, the company is advancing a growing preclinical and clinical stage product pipeline. Partners and collaborators include MedImmune, Regeneron, Roche/Genentech, ApolloBio Corporation, The Wistar Institute, University of Pennsylvania, the Parker Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy, CEPI, DARPA, GeneOne Life Science, Plumbline Life Sciences, Drexel University, NIH, HIV Vaccines Trial Network, National Cancer Institute, U.S. Military HIV Research Program, and Laval University. For more information, visit .
The Vivarium Technician II assists with vivarium operational functions to support all aspects of research within the company. This position conducts vivarium-related compliance training; prepares and performs procedures on a broad spectrum of models; maintains inventory for vivarium; purchases and receives vivarium goods and supplies; and performs other vivarium and administrative duties necessary for the day-to-day operational functions of the vivarium. This position interfaces with multiple departments (R&D, engineering, accounting, quality).
Essential job functions and duties
Under the supervision of the Associate Manager, Vivarium, this position’s logistical support responsibilities include:
- Prepare, perform, and assist with various in vivo studies.
- Receive minimal instructions on routine work and detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Train/oversee Research Associates to ensure safety, ACUP and AAALAC compliance.
- Oversee/maintain inventory for vivarium supplies.
- Liaise with vivarium staff regarding concerns and requests.
- Purchase and receive vivarium inventory.
- Liaise with vendors to ensure timely purchase, address discrepancies, and obtain quotes.
- Interface with accounting department to ensure timely purchase order verification and documentation.
- Conduct safety training for new and current employees.
- Maintain vivarium equipment.
- Perform general vivarium duties.
- Provide support to other members in Logistical group.
- Prepare documentation and perform recordkeeping responsibilities.
- Generate reports and write SOPs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biological sciences required or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been attained.
- Minimum 2 years of combined experience working in a vivarium or veterinary setting.
- Ability to deliver presentations/perform demonstrations to wide audiences.
- Excellent oral communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to solve complex problems, read and interpret documents, and follow SOPs and protocols.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Works with minimal supervision and a high degree of independence; can also work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Familiar with basic quality control and quality assurance principles.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally between worksites.
- Ability to lift and carry materials weighing up to 35lbs.
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
A current US work authorization is required. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Inovio offers an attractive benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer.Apply
Inovio Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. In keeping with our policy, Inovio will recruit, hire, train, and promote into all job titles the most qualified individuals, without regard to race, color, creed, protected veteran status or disability, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Important notice to employment businesses/agencies:
Inovio does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact Inovio’s Human Resources Department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to Inovio. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/agency and Inovio. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained, any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of Inovio. Inovio shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.